Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Eating Things

Today, I asked you to complete a list of five things you would never eat. While I think there are things I would never eat, I am afraid I may have eaten some of them without knowing it such as dog and horse. In both Mali and the Philippines, some people eat dog. I can't swear that I never ate dog because I was invited to many dinners sometimes as a special guest and ate what the host or hostess gave me. In class I told you about my friend who went to the Philippines with the Peace Corps and had to eat grubs since that was what the people he lived with ate. Another teacher I worked with was in the Peace Corps in Thailand. She told of a fellow volunteer who was teaching in a village. This volunteer had gotten used to eating Thai food which occasionally included insects. Her students brought her an insect. She ate it and the students looked at her with puzzled looks, so she asked what the insect was. They told her they didn't know and wanted her to tell them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home